Adorable personalized keepsake blankets, stylish & modest custom made jean skirts, and more!!!

Adorable personalized keepsake blankets, stylish & modest custom made jean skirts, and more!!!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Behold all things become NEW!

What a beautiful day! We will be working in the garden today and going for a bike ride! We are having a lot of fun on the bikes! Paige can ride her own bike and then I tote Joshua and Levi in the trailer. If my knee holds out then it will be great! I will be posting pictures tonight so check back! I hope everone has a blessed day!
Today in my quiet time I read in 2 Corinthians and was very encouraged with some verses and thoughts that I would like to share!
2 Corinthians 5:15 "And that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.
2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
There is so much in these two verses! First to go along with what the Lord is teaching me right now about not living for myself but to serve the Lord and others! I think verse 15 gives ample proof that that is how we should be living now!
Second, if any man is in Christ he is a NEW creature and OLD things are passed away! When someone dies we say they pass away and that applies here as well. The old is GONE! Obviously there will be a difference between this old and new person. A very visible difference. If you are a child of the Lord does your life show it? People get very touchy on this issue because they want to claim Christ as their Savior but live the same old life they lived before. They know that their life doesn't look new, in fact it looks exactly the same. We are told to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. 2 Cor. 13:5 "Examine yourselves, whether you be in the faith; prove your own selves. Do you not know your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except you be reprobates?" When is the last time you examined yourself and the message that your life is exclaiming? Have you made Jesus the Lord of your life? You can not accept Him as Savior and reject Him as your Lord. Your life will look different if you are submitting to Him. However if you still enjoy the world and live like the world the Bible says that you are the enemy of God. That doesn't sound like salvation to me! I do pray that this encourages you to fear the Lord today! It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God!

2 comments:

Jacob said...

Wow, already 3 posts! And, what, still no comments?? Easy enough to fix... :-D

Thanks for sharing those great verses. I was glancing over that chapter last night.

In your email, you said for people to let you know if they have a blog. I do! I'm inviting people to share a verse that has encouraged them this month. So stop in and share!

Peace. --Jacob

Joanne said...

Hello Jenny! Glad you have a blog :) Your post brought to mind:

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

How awesome is that?!

In Christ,
Joanne